Core Environmental Systems, in partnership with Bioneering Australia P/L, can assist in the provision of expert advice and guidance through the legislative and voluntary minefields of sustainability and environmental reporting.
There is considerable pressure on Business to communicate non-financial performance as stakeholders demand greater transparency to assess long term value.
Failure to monitor and report relevant, strategic, and reliable sustainability information can have a negative impact on business performance and reputation. Companies will continue to face mounting pressure to disclose their sustainability performance as various stakeholders are driving the disclosure agenda seeking a broader understanding of overall company performance.
Greater transparency leads to greater opportunities; there is evidence to show customers want to align with brands showing strong sustainability platforms, employees are looking to work for companies with strong sustainability values, and government and regulators are increasingly ensuring organisations demonstrate sound governance and reflect wider stakeholder expectations.
International reporting regulations are also increasingly calling for greater sustainability disclosure. The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) has proposed a new standards-based approach to sustainability reporting, the IIRC’s Integrated Reporting initiative continues to gain momentum globally, and the ASX’s Corporate Governance Principles require ever greater reporting on material sustainability risks.
This year we have also seen the release of ISO 20400:2017(en) – Sustainable procurement. As the adoption of this standard intensifies, there will be more pressure on business to show transparency in the supply chain.
Internal decision-making is enhanced where companies can value their material, social, economic and environmental impacts and articulate how such impacts contribute to – or detract from – business performance.
CES in conjunction with Bioneering Australia can help your business develop and deliver practical sustainability solutions, ranging from high-level strategy development and implementation through to detailed modelling, measurement and reporting.
- Sustainability strategies – from strategic direction and organisational performance indicators, to site level action plans
- Development, streamlining and automation of data systems and processes to support efficient data capture and reporting outputs
- Sustainability reporting aligned with key industry and international standards, including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), CDP, GRI and others
- Sustainability Materiality assessments to identify key impact and opportunity areas for your business
- Development of suitable performance metrics and benchmarking
- Attainment of ratings under sustainable construction and operational frameworks – in particular, the Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) Rating Scheme
- Sustainable procurement and supply chain management
- Development of effective and dynamic sustainability communications programs
- Innovation, Research and Development projects
- Auditing and verification of sustainability performance and data
- Government submissions, research and position papers
- Detailed analysis of the impacts of energy and carbon legislation on your business and industry
- Quantification of energy and carbon benefits associated with your business, product or specific energy efficiency initiatives
- Opportunities to align with voluntary schemes to quantify and rEnvirognise energy and carbon savings, as well as accessing funding opportunities
- Energy reporting under legislative and voluntary energy reporting and performance schemes, including the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act 2007
- Energy forecasting, modelling and accounting of current performance
- Energy efficiency opportunities – identification, quantification, implementation and monitoring
- Energy management programs
- Benchmarking, analytics and communication
- Marginal abatement cost curves and benefit analysis/business case development
- ISO 14064 and 50001 compliance
- Attainment of energy and carbon credits under industry rating frameworks.
Water, Waste & Materials
- Measuring, reporting and forecasting water, waste and materials
- Identification of efficiency opportunities, quantification of opportunity, implementation and monitoring
- Benchmarking, analytics and communication
- Management programs and actions plans
- Analysis and business case development
- ISO14001 compliance